21.10.13

I'm in a Thoroughly Modern Mood

Oh, the places I'd like to show you.
Although I hardly know you,
I've a funny feeling
We'd make the perfect pair.
Famous sights I want to see you seeing,
The nights of you-and-me-ing,
You, me, we-ing...

Wait a minute!
Just a minute.
No, no, no, no!


I've had this song stuck in my head for a week.

That's a week of no sleep, no homework, and no sanity. See, at home, I could just turn on the song and belt out the lyrics at full volume. Somebody would surely sing along. But living with four girls who have never even heard of Millie Dilmount and Jimmy makes it hard for me to sing about them aloud. Millie and Jimmy should be appreciated! And my roommates are focused on homework, so I probably should respect the quiet they need.

So my headphones are my best friends. And the "repeat" button. Oh, yes. Repeat is my friend.

Jimmy. Oh, Jimmy. Don't you know what I can't get out of my head?

Mostly it's just the song What Do I Need With Love?. I apologize if you've gotten a million texts with the lyrics to this song. I'm really struggling.

I've tried all the tricks. Singing Jingle Bells can even get I Like to Move It out of your head. But less than seven minutes (my longest record) later, I'm humming about a green glass love.

Oh, well. Someday, I'll travel to New York and blow my life's savings on Wicked and Thoroughly Modern Millie tickets. But until then Manhattan, I'll prepare for you.


Once upon a time, there was a girl named Lizzie, who stuck in her headphones and pressed play. And then repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment